The world of intergovernmental conferencing is experiencing many technology-driven changes, as international organizations are developing new tools and approaches to improve their services, offer greater accessibility and reach new levels of interactivity and innovation.
The Division of Conference Management will host a one-day event to share information on how emerging technologies are changing the conferencing landscape, to promote exchange on how new technologies are being used to support conferencing needs and to showcase innovative workflows and practices in conference management.
The event will open with a high-level panel on the latest trends and prospects of international conferencing followed by interactive workshops and sessions with experts on:
• The use of digital tools for conference interpreting,
• Expanding service offerings through customized speech-to-text solutions
• Organizing accessible intergovernmental conferences.
• Integration of machine translation into documentation workflow
• Improving conference planning and impact through meeting applications and
• A lunchtime-talk on the dynamic profession of conference interpreting
In tandem with the workshops, the UNOG Library will host an exhibition to highlight milestones and innovations that marked the field of conferences over 100 years of multilateralism in Geneva.