Pursuant to United Nations General Assembly resolutions A/RES/73/3 and A/RES/77/274, a second UN high-level meeting on fight against tuberculosis (TB) will be convened on 22 September 2023 on the theme of “Advancing science, finance and innovation, and their benefits, to urgently end the global tuberculosis epidemic, in particular, by ensuring equitable access to prevention, testing, treatment and care”.
The high-level meeting is aimed to undertake a comprehensive review on the achievement of agreed tuberculosis goals at national, regional and global levels in the 2018 Political Declaration, and to identify gaps and solutions to accelerate progress towards ending the tuberculosis epidemic by 2030.
In order to participate in the high-level event, the following categories of relevant organizations that are not in consultative status with ECOSOC must express interest here and must apply for special accreditation.
- Non-governmental organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Academic institutions
- Private sector
The Application for special accreditation is NOW OPEN until 19 June 2023 at 23:59 [EDT].
* Application for special accreditation must be submitted on behalf of the organization, not an individual. Please see the information on the Special Accreditation here.
* Stakeholder applications will be approved by United Nations (UN) Member States, in accordance with the relevant General Assembly Resolution. The name of the organization and country will be shared with the UN Member States, and other information, including but not limited to the homepage.
* If you do not already have an Indico account, please create one before proceeding with your application. Please find the user guide on creating the account here.