Special accreditation for the High-Level Meeting on Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Pursuant to General Assembly resolutions A/RES/74/2 and A/RES/75/315, the President of the General Assembly of the United Nations will convene a one-day high-level meeting on universal health coverage at United Nations Headquarters in New York on the third day of the general debate of the General Assembly at its seventy-eighth session (21 September 2023).
The UN High-level meeting on universal health coverage (UHC) presents an opportunity for countries and stakeholders to renew efforts and accelerate progress toward achieving health for all. This will serve as the foundation for executing policies and ensuring responsibility for strengthening health systems for the future, building on the 2019 Political Declaration.
In order to participate in the high-level event, the following categories of relevant organizations that are not in consultative status with ECOSOC must express interest here and must apply for special accreditation.
- Non-governmental organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Academic institutions
- Private sector
The Application for special accreditation closed on 19 June 2023 at 23:59 [EDT].
* Application for special accreditation must be submitted on behalf of the organization, not an individual. Please see the information on the Special Accreditation here.
* Stakeholder applications will be approved by United Nations (UN) Member States, in accordance with the relevant General Assembly Resolution. The name of the organization and country will be shared with the UN Member States, and other information, including but not limited to the homepage may also be shared if requested.
* If you do not already have an Indico account, please create one before proceeding with your application. Please find the user guide on creating the account here.