Launch of a new UNIDIR report titled "Back to the Future for Verification in the Biological Disarmament Regime?"
This report considers elements of continuity and change evident in the BWC regime over the last two decades since the collapse of the Protocol Negotiations. The report proceeds to outline three strategies that could form a balanced package of measures for consideration by BWC States Parties at the Ninth Review Conference in November of this year.
• Izumi Nakamitsu – Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for Disarmament Affairs, UNODA - Opening remarks
• Robin Geiss – Director, UNIDIR. Opening remarks
• James Revill – Head of the WMD Programme, UNIDIR
• Richard Lennane – Independent Consultant
• María Garzón Maceda – Research Assistant, UNIDIR
REFRESHMENTS: A light lunch will be available for in-person participants.
WHEN & WHERE: The event will take place on Tuesday 14th June from 12.30 to 14.00 in Room XXI of the Palais de Nations. For in-person participation please register in this Indico event.
To receive the link to the live online broadcast, please register on this Eventbrite page: https://backtofuturebwc.eventbrite.com