Please note that in response to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, many meetings and conferences have been postponed or are taking place virtually. Some locations have resumed limited in-person meetings which comply with local public health instructions for social distancing. Participants will receive detailed information about attending the meeting from the organizer.
This meeting was held virtually from 13 to 28 May 2020.
The 19th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration (CEPA) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 30 March to 3 April 2020.
As approved by ECOSOC, there are seven substantive issues on the agenda of the nineteenth session, namely:
- Institutional aspects of the 2020 theme of the Economic and Social Council and the high-level political forum on sustainable development
- Dialogue with voluntary national reveiw countries on Sustainable Development Goal 16
- Effective governance for sustainable development: putting principles into practice and reviewing outcomes
- Government and public sector workforce of the future
- Promoting peaceful and inclusive societies and providing access to justice for all
- Emerging issues in public financial management and budgeting for Sustainable Development Goals
- Training and awareness-raising for Sustainable Development Goals
Observers are invited to submit written inputs in advance on the substantive issues to be considered by CEPA at the 19th session via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 28 February 2019. Inputs may be published on CEPA website before the session.
- Written inputs may not exceed 1,500 words
- Inputs must pertain to one of the items on the agenda of the 19th session as approved by ECOSOC. The number and title of the agenda item in question must be indicated on the submission
- Further details are available here
A limited number of observers may be able to make oral interventions during the session subject to time availability. Interventions must be focused on the issue under discussion. Inputs on other issues will not be accommodated. Such interventions should not exceed three minutes (approx. 300 words).
Your registration to this conference will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?