In the context of the International Decade for People of African Descent (2015 – 2024), the UN Human Rights Regional Office for Europe, in cooperation with the European Network for People of African Descent (ENPAD), invites female activists of African descent in Europe to apply to an online capacity-building programme.
When? The programme consists of 4 webinars of 90 minutes each over the time span of 2 weeks (20 May - 5 June 2020). Deadline for applications is 18 May 2020.
- Module 1 | Wednesday, 20 May 2020 | 17:30 CEST (Brussels time):
"Leveraging the international human rights system to advance human rights"
- E Tendayi Achiume, UN Special Rapporteur on Contemporary forms of Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance
- Dominique Day, Member of the United Nations Working Group on People of African Descent
- Module 2 | Monday, 25 May 2020 | 17:30 CEST (Brussels time):
"Implementing the International Decade for People of African Descent"
- Esther Mamadou, European Network for People of African Descent
- Nana Nubi, IDPAD Ireland
- Module 3 | Friday, 29 May 2020 | 17:30 CEST (Brussels time):
"Women of African descent and political rights in the European Union"
- Alice Bah Kuhnke, Member of the European Parliament
- Module 4 | Friday, 5 June 2020 | 17:30 CEST (Brussels time):
"Intersectionality: Empowerment of girls and women of African descent at the national and local level"
- Dr. Emilia Zenzile Roig, Center for Intersectional Justice, Germany
- Isabelle Mamadou, Movimiento Por La Paz, Spain
- This programme will be in English.
- Only female candidates of African descent will be considered for this programme.
- To ensure interaction and exchange, priority will be given to candidates who commit to all 4 webinars. Depending on the number of applicants, however, applications for separate modules may also be considered. Selected participants will receive practical details on how to join the webinar(s).