Please note that in response to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, many meetings and conferences have been postponed or are taking place virtually. Some locations have resumed limited in-person meetings which comply with local public health instructions for social distancing. Participants will receive detailed information about attending the meeting from the organizer.
NOT YET ACCREDITED? APPLY FOR SPECIAL ACCREDITATION FIRST
Non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, academic institutions and the scientific community that are not in consultative status with ECOSOC, or that have not been accredited to participate in any of the Conferences listed below must apply for special accreditation here by 10 March 2020 to participate in the 2020 UN Ocean Conference.
- World Summit on Sustainable Development
- United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development
- High-level United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Intergovernmental conference on an internationally legally binding instrument under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea on the conservation and sustainable use of marine biological diversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction
- Previous United Nations conferences on sustainable development of small island developing States, held in Barbados, Mauritius and Samoa
- Organizations that have received special accreditation by Member States to participate in the 2020 UN Conference and the preparatory meeting. First list of organizations specially accredited can be found here.
Stakeholder special-accreditation is available only for organizations. Individuals may not apply for special-accreditation.
Organizations approved for participation will be informed and their representatives need to register individually for the 2020 UN Ocean Conference.
The General Assembly in its resolution 73/292 decided to convene the 2020 United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development. The overarching theme of the Conference is "Scaling up ocean action based on science and innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: stocktaking, partnerships and solutions".
The following participants may attend or be represented at the preparatory meeting and the Conference: all States Members of the United Nations, members of the specialized agencies and parties to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS); intergovernmental organizations, international financial institutions and other international bodies; associate members of the regional commissions; organizations and bodies of the United Nations; and non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, academic institutions, the scientific community, the private sector and philanthropic organizations.
Your registration to this conference will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?