This is the registration portal for:
- The resumed session of the Fifth UN Environment Assembly (UNEA 5.2), 28 February to 2 March 2022;
The special session of the UN Environment Assembly (UNEP@50) to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of UNEP, 3-4 March 2022;
The resumed fifth meeting of the Open Ended Committee of Permanent Representatives, 21-25 February 2022, to prepare the outcomes of the above meetings;
The consultations held pursuant to General Assembly resolution 73/333, 16-18 February 2022, to prepare a political declaration for UNEP@50.
All meetings will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, in a hybrid format. This means that all representatives of Member States and other stakeholders are invited to attend all the official meetings either online, or in person, subject to the application of COVID-19 minimum requirements as specified by the secretariat. For Major Groups and Stakeholders, participation is open to all organizations accredited to UNEP. For in-person participants, the minimum requirements are outlined tin the secretariat Notification, available here, which can be summarized as follows:
- All delegates who intend to participate in the meetings referred to above in person are required to verify that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The final dose of the vaccine must have been received at least 14 days prior to the meeting date.
- Verification of full vaccination must be made available in writing at the time of the registration, through this registration platform.
- For representatives from Member States, the certification document to be uploaded on the registration platform is the accreditation letter, which should confirm that any representative that attend the meeting in person is fully vaccinated.
- For all other representatives, including representatives of Stakeholders and Major Groups, international organizations, and media, a valid vaccination certificate must be uploaded on this registration platform.
Subject to the availability of extra-budgetary resources, participants from developing countries may be eligible for limited financial support from the secretariat to cover travel (economy class flight tickets) and daily subsistence allowance for the period of attendance. The secretariat will provide more information on financial support to eligible delegates at a later stage
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS 18 FEBRUARY 2022
More information is available in the Notification for UNEA-5-2 and UNEP@50.