Please note that in response to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, many meetings and conferences have been postponed or are taking place virtually. Some locations have resumed limited in-person meetings which comply with local public health instructions for social distancing. Participants will receive detailed information about attending the meeting from the organizer.
1. COVID19 - updates
Masks remain mandatory throughout the UNOG premises, in all communal spaces and whenever there is more than one person present in the room. - Exception is made to mask wearing for the main speaker at the event, while addressing the audience. - UN Geneva continues to apply a 14 day ‘occupational distancing’ rule in the case of close contact with a COVID-19 positive person. This means that people identified as a close contact must not come to UN premises for 14 days.
a. Swiss measures, rules and bans in place in the context of the pandemic
- From 28 June, measures in place to contain the coronavirus are eased and simplified significantly. - Access to the Federal Office of Public Health; Infoline for people travelling to Switzerland Tel. +41 58 464 44 88.
b. European measures in the context of the pandemic.
- Link to detailed information for travellers to EU and Schengen countries.
- c. Information about Coronavirus at UN Geneva
- d. COVID-19 and its human rights dimensions
e. World Health Organization on the Coronavirus disease pandemic.
- Access to the WHO webpage.
2. Other services at UNOG during conferences
PHOTOGRAPHS AND FILMING: Please note that only accredited media are permitted to film and take photographs in Room XX.
a. Contact during conferences
b. Catering options
- Bar Serpent & its pasta corner are opened daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. A wide selection of pastries, cold and hot sandwiches, quiches, salads, pasta boxes, soups, desserts, ice creams, fruits, etc., as well as hot and cold drinks, are available. Payments are only made by credit cards, contactless payment and Eldora’s electronic badges. - All the other catering outlets managed by Eldora, including the main cafeteria, will remain closed until further notice. - All vending machines are operational.
- For all emergencies outside the Palais des Nations call 112 - Emergencies within the Palais dial +41 (0)22 917 71 12
d. SAFI shop and postal services
- SAFI opens from 11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and, in addition to their usual product offering (fresh food such as salads & poke bowls to take away, etc.), they also offer postal services following the departure of the post office. Phone: +41 (0)22 917 31 88, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
e. UBS bank office
- Office in Building A is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. non-stop. The Bancomat and Multimat machines at Doors 6 and 41 remain available at all hours. Service by telephone is also available during opening hours.
f. UNFCU office
- Opened Monday–Wednesday, Friday: 08:30–16:00 Thursday 08:30–17:00
g. Visit UN Geneva premises
- In relation with the current public health situation, the Visitors’ Service remains closed to walk-in visitors. The Visitors’ Service may accept bookings for groups of up to 15 persons maximum. Please contact the Visitors’ Service on: email@example.com
- In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the Library & Archives is open by appointment. More information is available on the related webpage.
- Kiosks located at Doors 6 and 39 will remain closed until further notice.
j. Diplomatic Client Support Sub-Unit (DCSS)
- DCSS left offices located in the S1 Building and moved to a new temporary location in the S2 Building, 1st floor, Offices 120-122 (above SAFI). Contact the unit by phone at +41 (0)22 917 99 99 during its regular opening hours (10 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily) and through the self-service portal. - In-Person visit are suspended until further notice.